The firm are congratulating eleven individuals across the business following a successful application process, which started earlier this year.
Andrew Cochrane, who led the project, invited Solicitors and Associates to participate in a group process to give them the tools they needed to feel confident in their applications.
A number of activities took place throughout the year, such as a talk on inspirational leadership from Graham Mulholland, Managing Director of EPM Technology, as well as internal sessions on finance, marketing, client care and management. The University of Derby Business School worked with the applicants during the process and offered mentoring opportunities and advice clinics.
Flint Bishop are pleased to announce that due to the applications being of such high calibre, they are appointing three Solicitors to the partnership and are pleased to welcome two new Senior Associates and six new Associates to the firm.
The new partners
- Andrew Perry is recognised as a ‘leading lawyer’ by Chambers and Partners for his work with large multi-billion pound organisations in the construction and engineering industry. Andrew regularly advises on complex disputes and innovative construction and engineering projects, and has supported some of the largest publically listed and privately owned development companies and joint ventures in the United Kingdom on matters such as retail developments, residential developments and counter-terrorism measures. Prior to becoming a Solicitor, Andrew qualified and worked as a mechanical design and project engineer. Andrew will now be Partner and Head of the Construction and Engineering department.
- Emma Tice is a well-known employment law expert with particular emphasis on large, multi-million pound contracts across England and Wales. Emma has been commended for being “popular with clients” by leading directory, Legal 500. She regularly receives positive feedback from her clients and is noted for being able to break down complex issues in an easy to understand manner. Emma receives excellent praise on her litigation specialism and has received a comment by a leading regional Employment Judge as being “extremely competent and a sensible litigator”. Emma tackles cases with 100% success rate and will now become one of the firm’s Employment law Partners.
- Raj Sumal joined the business in September 2015 having left DAC Beachcroft in Birmingham. Raj is a specialist defendant personal injury Solicitor, who specialises in fraudulent personal injury claims and is responsible for managing counter fraud for one of the largest leading Insurers in the United Kingdom. Raj has the ability to deal with all types of fraudulent personal injury claims, ranging from low speed impact collisions right through to complex fraud rings, and has a particular emphasis to spot fraud using a number of techniques. Raj receives excellent results for insurer clients, including securing repudiations pre-litigation, trial wins and successfully securing a number of fundamental dishonesty findings on these claims also. Raj will now become a Defendant Personal Injury Partner.
- Jo Milward-Hyde has caseload of litigation, property, debt recovery and insolvency matters. Jo has been with the firm for 20 years, having completed her CILEx in 2006.
- Julie Sims is responsible for Flints Direct, a conveyancing ‘at a distance’ service. Julie leads a large team and has been with the firm for just short of 12 years.
Andrew Cochrane, Senior Partner comments “I’m delighted to welcome our three new Partners to the firm, as well as two Senior Associates and six Associates. Each of the applicants showed myself, Ian Beardmore and Qamer Ghafoor their continued commitment and passion to the business and all of them should be incredibly proud.
Everyone who applied performed excellently throughout our application process and I am thankful for the support of local businesses such as EPM Technology, the University of Derby Business School and many others for their support throughout this journey.
A special mention to Emma, Raj and Andrew for their appointment as Partners and we very much look forward to celebrating with them this weekend at our annual Partners’ weekend away.
Congratulations to everyone who took part and we wish our newly promoted colleagues the best of luck in their new roles.”